Quantity and Quality of the Nb3Sn Intermetallics Formed by the Internal Tin Process
This paper considers rather usual methods for investigating the microstructure of the Nb3Sn superconducting phase. These techniques deal with the quality and volume fraction of the Al 5 compound. Microhardness testing show very suitable in order to monotor a fabrication process. The metallurgical effects of each step of a conventional HT schedule are also studied with various designs of composites in an attempt of optimization.
KeywordsEffect Ofthe Filament Diameter Metallurgical Effect Superconducting Behavior Cryogenic Engineer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.D.R. Dietderich, W.V. Hassenzahl, and J.W. Morris Jr., “The Relationship between critical current and microstructure of internal tin wire”, in: “Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Materials” 32 (1985), P. 881.Google Scholar
- 3.K.R. Marken, J.J. Kwon, P.L. Lee, and D.C. Larbalestier, “Characterization studies of a fully reacted high bronze niobium ration filamentary Nb3Sn composite”, in: “Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Materials” 32 (1985), P. 967.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Osamura, “Composite Superconducting”, Dekker Publication, New York (1993), p 85.Google Scholar
- 10.R. Taillard, and C. Verwaerde “Phases transformations during the manufacturing process of Nb3Sn superconducting composites”, Proceeding. Euromat 95, VENISE (1995), p.471.Google Scholar
- 11.R. Flückiger, W. Goldacker, and R. Isernhagen, “Characterization of Bulk and Multifilamentary Nb3Sn and Nb3Al by Diffractometric and Resistive Measurements”, in: “Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Materials” 32 (1985), P. 925.Google Scholar
- 16.E.R. Wallach, and J.E. Evetts, “The Development in multifilamentary bronze route A 15 composites”, in: “Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Materials” 32 (1985), P.911.Google Scholar
- 17.P. Gruzin, Yu Bychkov, J. Evstyukhina, V. Kruglov, and L. Alekseev, “Struktura i Svoistva Sverkhprovodyashchikh Materialov”, Moskova (1974), p 29.Google Scholar
- 24.C.E. Bruzek, P. Suiten, D Mocaer, S. Peltier et al., “Development of Superconducting wires for Fusion Application”, this conference.Google Scholar