Galvanomagnetic Properties of Composite Aluminum Hyperconductors
Electrical and galvanomagnetic investigations were made on composite aluminum conductors, prepared by non-standard technology with sheath of industrial Al alloy. The multifilament conductor having a high electrical conductivity, has demonstrated stability during thermo-cycling, annealing, and the ability to recover conducting properties after deformation. Values of magnetoresistance in the strong magnetic fields did not differ much from the values, characteristic of pure Al, though field dependence deviated from linearity. The physical reasons of this dependence were analyzed.
KeywordsElectrical Resistivity Filament Conductor Resistivity Ratio Composite Conductor GALVANOMAGNETIC Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D.A. But, R.A. Glinik, V.E. Keilin, I.A. Kovalev, A.E. Larionov, V.A. Tutin, and V.N. Khazov, Experimental investigation of hyperconducting solenoid characteristics, Voprosy atomnoi nauki i techniki 10: 45 (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.V.I. Gostischev, The solenoid on 20 T with aluminum winding, cooled with liquid hydrogen, Voprosy atomnoi nauki i techniki 2: 10 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.V.I. Gostischev, A.V. Vahobov, E.F. Golov, V.N. Matveev, and M.L. Havkin, The influence of alloying on galvanomagnetic and strength properties of aluminum at low temperatures, Fiz. Met. Metalloved. 60: 508(1985).Google Scholar
- 5.S.E. Demyanov, A.A. Drozd, D.V. Pashik and A.V. Petrov, Magnetic breakdown in Al-Y dilute alloys. Doklady Akademii Nauk Belarusi. 36: 426 (1992).Google Scholar
- 6.S.E. Demyanov, A.A. Drozd, A.V. Petrov, and M.L. Petrovskii, Magnetic field anisotropy of electron -impurity scattering in Al-Y alloys, J.of Phys.: Condens Matter. 7: 6271 (1995).Google Scholar
- 10.V.I. Gostischev, S.E. Demyanov, and M.L. Petrovskii, The use of recovery processes for increase of current carrying ability of cryoconducting aluminum, Fiz.Chim.Obrabotki Mater. 4: 119 (1987).Google Scholar