Progress in Fabrication of Large Magnetic Shields by Using Extended YBCO Thick Films Sprayed on Stainless Steel with the HVOF Technique
Fabricating a full box-type magnetic shield, by spraying a thick film of commercial YBCO powder on stainless steel with the oxygen-fuel high-velocity technique (HVOF, also referred to as “continuous detonation spray” (CDS)), requires the solution of several specific problems since the design stage of the project. The design problems of this type of shield are examined and the results obtained in the early stages of the realization are discussed.
KeywordsThick Film Stray Magnetic Field Coil Axis Stainless Steel Component Shield Efficiency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.F. Pavese, Magnetic shielding using high-T c superconductors: a large-scale application with peculiar requirement, in: High Temperature Superconductivity: Models and Measurements, M. Acquarone ed., World Scientific, Singapore, 1995, in press.Google Scholar
- 3.V. Polushkin, A. Buev, H. Koch, Magnetic shielding at liquid nitrogen temperature, Applied Superconductivity, 2:1–15 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4a.M. Itoh, T. Ohyama, K. Mori, T. Minemoto, Trans. IEE Japan 115:696–701(1995)Google Scholar
- 4b.M. Itoh, F. Pavese, K. Mori, M. Vanolo, T. Minemoto and Y. Hotta, Improvement in magnetic shielding by superposition of hybrid ferromagnetic cylinder over a YBCO thick film cylinder, 19th Annual Conference on Magnetics, Japan, 1995, extended abstract.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Vanolo, F. Pavese, D. Giraudi, M. Bianco, Preliminary results for YBCO thick films sprayed on stainless steel with the HVOF technique, and for multilayers using Ag or CuO, Il Nuovo Cimento 16D:2219–26 (1994).Google Scholar
- 8.F. Pavese et al., to be published.Google Scholar
- 9.K. Kojima, Y. Ishikawa, S. Yoshizawa, Magnetic shielding of grid-type high-T c super-conductor unit, Proceedings ISS’92.Google Scholar