Improvement of Superconducting Properties on Bi2Sr2CaCu2Ox Multilayer Superconducting Tape and It’s Application
In order to improve the superconducting properties of Bi-2212/Ag multilayer tape, we reduced the Ca and Cu concentrations in the starting superconducting powder. Phase analyses using the HT-XRD measurement indicated that the Bi-free impurity ((11) phase) became unstable above the partial melting temperature of Bi-2212 phase. As a result, the amount of (11) phase after a heat treatment decreased. In the case of the composition Bi2Sr2Ca0.8Cu1.8Ox, the Jc values were higher than 1.5×105A/cm2 at 20K in self fields and 1.2×105A/cm2 at 4.2K and 10T with good reproducibility. The Jc values of the sample were higher than those of the tapes with 2212 composition. A double pancake coil fabricated using a 100m-class tape carried Ic of 100A at 20K. The Ic value of the coil was limited by the Ic in magnetic fields applied to perpendicular to the tape surface.
KeywordsWhite Layer Superconducting Property Back Scatter Electron Image Tape Surface Stainless Steel Frame
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.T. Hase, K. Shibutani, S. Hayashi, R. Ogawa and Y. Kawate. Cryogenics 35: 127 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.K. Nomura, M. Seido, H. Kitaguchi. H. Kumakura. K. Togano and H. Maeda. Appl. Phys.Lett. 62 (1993) 2131Google Scholar
- 5.N. Tomita. M. Arai, E. Yanagusawa, T. Morimoto, H. Kitaguchi. H. Kumakura. K. Togano, T. Kiyoshi, K. Inoue, H. Maeda, K. Nomura and J. C. Vallicr, to be published on IEEE Trans. on Mag. (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.J. Kase, K. Togano, H. Kumakura, D. R. Dietderich. N. Irisawa. T. Morimoto and H. Maeda. Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. vol. 29 (1990) L1096Google Scholar
- 10.T. Hasegawa, H. Kobavashi, H. Kumakura. H. Kitaguchi and K. Togano, Advances in Superconductivity V (1993) 737Google Scholar
- 11.W. Zhang, O. V. Pupvsheva, Y. Ma, M. Polak, E. E. Hellstrom and D. C. Larbalesticr. to be published in IEEE Trans. on Appl. Supercond.Google Scholar
- 12.T. Hasegawa, Y. Hikichi, A. Imai, H. Kumakura, H. Kitaguchi and K. Togano, to be published in IEEE Trans. on Appl. Supercond.Google Scholar