Superconducting Properties and Structures of A15 Nb3 (Al,Ge) Tape Fabricated by a New Process
The A15 Nb3(Al0. 8,Geo. 2) tape has been prepared by the reaction between the Q -phase Nb2(A1,Ge) and Nb powders. The fabrication of the tape using Nb sheath was quite successful. The superconducting properties and structure of the newly prepared tapes were studied, and compared with those of tapes made by A15 Nb3(A1,Ge) powder. The finer σ-phase and Nb starting powders yield pronounced improvement in Jc at magnetic fields throughout from 10 to 25 T. A Jc of over 2.5)104 A/cm2 has been so far obtained at 21.5 T and 4.2 K. The addition of Mg0 powder is found to be effective for enhancing Jc and reducing the peak effect.
KeywordsPeak Effect Bulk Specimen High Onset Hybrid Magnet Tape Heat
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. L. Jorda, R. Flukiger, A. Junod and J. Muller, IEEE Trans. on Magnetics MAG-17: 557(1981).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Takeuchi, M. Kosuge, Y. Iijima, A. Hasegawa, T. Kiyoshi and K. Inoue, IEEE Trans. on Magnetics MAG-27: 2045(1991).Google Scholar
- 3.T. Ando, Y. Takahashi, M. Nishi, Y. Yamada, K. Ohmatsu and M. Nagata, IEEE Trans. on Magnetics MAG-27: 1775(1991).Google Scholar
- 4.K. Togano and K. Tachikawa, Adv. Cryogenic Engr. /Materials 34: 451 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.K. Tachikawa, J. Ninomiya and M. Terada, Adv. Cryogenic Enger./Materials 38: 835 (1992).Google Scholar