Dynamic Experimental Study of the Multi-Bypass Pulse Tube Refrigerator with Two-Bypass Tubes
A dynamic experimental apparatus has been constructed to investigate the instantaneous velocity and pressure in the multi-bypass pulse tube refrigerator(MPTR). Some important experimental results of the instantaneous measurements of the velocity and the pressure in the MPTR with two-bypass tubes during actual operation are presented. The effects of the middle-bypass version on the dynamic pressure and mass flow rate at the cold end of the pulse tube are evaluated from experimental measurements. DC-flow phenomena are observed in this MPTR. The reasons of the multi-bypass version improved the performance of pulse tube refrigerator are given.
KeywordsMass Flow Rate Flow Area Pulse Tube Bypass Tube Refrigeration Capacity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gifford, W.E. and Longsworth, R.C. Pulse tube refrigeration, Trans of the ASME. 63-WA-290: 264 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.Ishizaki, Y. and Ishizaki, E. Experimental study and modelization of pulse tube refrigerator below 80K down to 23K, Proc. 7th. Int. Cryo. Conf., USA. 7: 140 (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.Matsubara, et al. Four-valve pulse tube refrigerator, Proc. of JSJS-IV, Beijing, 4: 54 (1993).Google Scholar
- 6.Radebaugh, R. A Review of Pulse Tube Refrigeration, Adv. Cryo. Eng. 35B: 1191 (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.Radebaugh, R. Recent development of Pulse Tube Refrigeration, 19th. Int. Conf. (1995)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhou, Y. and Han, Y.J. Pulse tube refrigerator research, Proc. 7th. Int. Cryo. Conf., Santa Fe, NM, USA (1992)Google Scholar