The development of high-speed computers has had, and will continue to have, a major effect on the status of theoretical spectroscopy as applied to nuclear (or atomic) problems. One healthy outcome, at least in the nuclear domain with which we are familiar, is that more and more experimentalists can take to themselves the theoretical analysis of their own spectroscopic data—in the sense of proposing model wave functions for the nuclear states involved. In the past, even the courageous experimentalist has been inhibited in considering detailed many-body descriptions, because of the purely computational difficulties; and these difficulties have seriously bothered the theoretical spectroscopist too. But things have been changing during the past five years or so, because of the introduction of powerful spectroscopic computing programs.
KeywordsMatrix Element Hamiltonian Matrix Spherical Tensor Spurious State Radial Quantum Number
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BL 61.
- CHP 68.
- CLMPS 67.
- CLMS 66.S. Cohen, R. D. Lawson, M. H. Macfarlane, and M. Soga, in “Methods in Computational Physics,” (B. Adler, S. Fernbach, and M. Rotenberg, eds.) Academic Press, New York (1966).Google Scholar
- CLP 68.
- El 58.
- ES 55.
- Fl 52.
- Fr 66.J. B. French, in “Many-Body Description of Nuclear Structure and Reactions” (C. Bloch, ed.) Academic Press, New York (1966).Google Scholar
- Fr 67.Fr 67 J. B. French, in “Nuclear Structure,” (A. Hossain, Harun-ar-Rashid, and M. Islam, eds.) North-Holland Publishing Co., Amsterdam (1967).Google Scholar
- Hal 68.E. C. Halbert, in “Third Symposium on the Structure of Low-Medium Mass Nuclei,”(J. P. Davidson, ed.) University Press of Kansas, Lawrence and London, 1968.Google Scholar
- HF 67.
- HKK 66.
- HKKM 67.E. C. Halbert, Y. E. Kim, T. T. S. Kuo, and J. B. McGrory, in. McGrory, in “International Nuclear Physics Conference, Gatlinburg, Tenn., 1966 (R. L. Becker, ed.) Academic Press, New York (1967).Google Scholar
- HMW 68.
- HMWGP 69.E. C. Halbert, J. B. McGrory, B. H. Wildenthal, P. W. M. Glaudemans, and S. P. Pandya, to be published. Google Scholar
- Hsu 67.
- KB 66.
- Kuo 67.
- McG 67.
- New 65.T. D. Newton, Chalk River National Laboratories CRT-1213, Ontario, Canada (1965).Google Scholar
- Rac 42.
- Rac 43.
- Ver 66.
- WMHG 68.
- Wo 66.
- Wo 68.