Landfill sites were being filled at an alarming rate.
Untapped opportunities for waste-to-energy projects emerged.
Concern was expressed at all levels of government on the poor management of natural resources.
The strong and sensible voice of the environmental movement was finally being heard around the world.
KeywordsSolid Waste Hazardous Waste Food Waste Waste Generation Sanitary Landfill
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 181.Tchobanoglous, G.,Theisen, H., and Vigil, S. 1993. Integrated Solid Waste Management. New York: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- 182.Drobny, N.L., Hull, H.E., and Testin, R.F., 1971. Recovery and Utilization of Municipal Solid Waste. Washington, DC: U.S. EPA. Publ. No. SW-10C.Google Scholar
- 183.Ray, G. 1995. Managing Used Oil. Cahnevs Publ. Oakpark, IL. Plant Services, pp. 94–96.Google Scholar
- 184.Storm, D.R. 1992. Landfills as an endangered species. Winery Water and Waste. Pract. Winery Vineyard. 12(5).Google Scholar
- 185.Schmidle, C. 1996. Personal communication. Sacramento, CA: California Integrated Waste Management Board.Google Scholar
- 186.Nakita, W. 1996. Personal communication. Delicato Vineyards.Google Scholar
- 187.Nakita, W. 1995. Updated Waste Generation Study and SRRE Diversion Projections for Upper Valley Waste Management Agency, City of American Canyon, and Remaining Unincorporated Napa County Areas.Google Scholar
- 188.Bradshaw, A.D., Southwood, R., and Warner, F. 1992. The Treatment and Handling of Wastes. London: Chapman & Hall.Google Scholar
- 189.Bradshaw, A.D., Southwood, R., and Warner, F. 1994. Guidelines for Recycling Waste Materials in California. Sacramento, CA: California Integrated Waste Management Board, p. 5.Google Scholar
- 190.Dong, M. and McCagg, B. 1995. A Practical Guide to Ballast Disposal. Bronx, NY: Full Circle Ballast Recyclers, pp. 1–33.Google Scholar
- 191.Sikora, M. 1990. A little retreading goes a lot of miles. Resource Recycling. 9 (1): 50–58.Google Scholar
- 192.Sikora, M. 1995. Personal communication, Case Compactors, Inc.Google Scholar
- 193.Sikora, M. 1995. Waste Reduction Technology Services, Cahners Publ., Oakpark, IL. Plant Services, p. 56.Google Scholar
- 194.Curtis, R.B. 1994. New safety standards for waste containers. Waste Age. 73–78.Google Scholar
- 195.Malloy, M.G. 1994. Locks or checks: Worth the trouble. Waste Age. 67–70.Google Scholar
- 196.Storm, D.R. 1995. One on one with highway trash. Winery Water and Waste. Pract. Winery Vineyard. 80–81.Google Scholar