Many-Body Effect of the Electron-Phonon Interaction on the Thermoelectricity in Metals
The many-body effect of the electron-phonon interaction on the electron-diffusion thermopower is calculated microscopically. It is shown that the thermopower is enhanced not by the mass enhancement but also significantly by a new mechanism, arising from the electron-phonon modification of the quasi-particle velocity. The effect of the above result on the high field adiabatic Nernst-Ettingshausen coefficient, and the magneto-thermopower is discussed.
KeywordsThermoelectric Power Large Magnetic Field Current Vertex Mass Enhancement Debye Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.S.K. Lyo, Phys. Rev. Lett. (1977), to be published.Google Scholar
- 4.N.F. Mott and J. Jones, Theory of Metals and Alloys ( Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1936 ).Google Scholar
- 8.S.K. Lyo, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 9.I.M. Lifshitz, M.Ia. Azbel, and M.K. Kaganov, Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 30, 220 (1955) [Soviet Phys. JETP 3, 143 (1956)].Google Scholar
- 11.B.J. Thaler, R. Fletcher, and J. Bass (1977), preprint.Google Scholar