The Monetary Value of Health Changes
- 158 Downloads
Cost-benefit analysis is based on the summation of the monetary valuations of the changes due to a programme among all the affected individuals (Boadway & Bruce 1984; Johansson 1991). This implies that the costs and benefits to all individuals affected by a health care programme should be included.
KeywordsUtility Function Risk Aversion Marginal Utility Utility Level Full Health
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Johansson P-0. The economic theory and measurement of environmental benefits. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1987.Google Scholar
- Johansson P-0. Evaluating health risks: an economic approach. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1995.Google Scholar
- Jones-Lee MW. The economics of safety and physical risk. Oxford: Blackwell, 1989.Google Scholar
- von Neumann J, Morgenstern O. Theory of games and economic behaviour. Princeton NJ: Princeton University Press, 1947.Google Scholar
- Viscusi WK, Evans WN. Utility functions that depend on health status: estimates and economic implications. American Economic Review 1990; 80: 353–374.Google Scholar