The apparatus used for the preparation of 2-furaldehyde is shown in Fig. 4. The five-liter round-bottomed flask A is connected by means of a cork to the air condenser B, which consists of a tube of diameter 1.8 cm and length 50 cm. A bent side tube C is sealed to B at a distance of 15 cm from its lower end. The bent upper end of the tube B is connected to a sloping condenser. The end of the condenser is connected to a long receiver adapter having an open side tube. The end of the adapter is at the bottom of a distillation flask, capacity 250–300 ml, which serves as a receiver.
KeywordsSugar Cane Heterocyclic Compound Chloroform Solution Short Fractionation Rubber Tube
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. E. Stone and D. Lotz, Ber. 24, 3019 (1891)Google Scholar
- I. J. Duncan, Ind. Eng. Chem., Anal. Ed. 15, 162 (1943)Google Scholar
- G. A. Adams and A. E. Castagne, Canadian J. Research 26, B 309 (1948).Google Scholar
- E. Lemaire, Industrie chimique 36, 116, 138 (1949)Google Scholar
- S. Wolf, Faserforsch. Textiltech. 4, 199 (1953).Google Scholar
- 3.Organic Syntheses (Russian Translation), Vol. 1, p. 454, Foreign Lit. Press, Moscow, 1949 [Organic Syntheses, Collective Vol. 1, 2nd Ed., New York and London, 1941, p. 280.]Google Scholar