Quantum Statistical Properties of Strongly Driven Atoms Coupled to Frequency-Dependent Reservoirs
Part of the NATO ASI Series book series (NSSB, volume 190)
In this paper, we analyze the spectral and statistical properties of atoms driven by a strong, single-mode, light field and coupled to a reservoirs of electromagnetic field modes whose spectral density displays a strong frequency dependence. One realisation of this system consists of a driven atom confined within an optical cavity. We shall discuss in detail some new aspects of this problem, recently discovered by us1,2:
dynamical modification of spontaneous emission;
squeezing and dressed-state-polarization effects.
KeywordsCavity Mode Rabi Frequency Cavity Field Photon Mode Driving Field
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Lewenstein, T. W. Mossberg, Phys. Rev. A, in press 1988.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Lewenstein, T. W. Mossberg, Phys. Rev. A, submitted 1987.Google Scholar
- F. deMartini, G. Innocenti, in Quantum Optics IV, ed. J. D. Harvey, D. F. Walls, Springer, New York 1986.Google Scholar
- 7.D. J. Heinzen, M. S. Feld, Phys. Rev. Lett., in press 1987.Google Scholar
- 8.F. Casagrande, L. A. L.giato, Nuovo Cimento B55, 173 (1980)Google Scholar
- P. D. Drummond, D. F. Walls, Phys. Rev. A23, 2563 (1981).Google Scholar
- 11.H. J. Carmichael, D. F. Walls, J. Phys. B9, L43 and 1199 (1976).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1989