Phonons in Superlattices
- 115 Downloads
Phonons in semiconductor superlattices have been the object of considerable experimental and theoretical interest during the past few years (for reviews see refs. 1–3 and references therein). The motivation of this work is to obtain a reliable understanding and database of the corresponding eigenvalues and eigenvectors to interpret spectroscopic data on phonons (Raman, IR, EELS, ...) and also to account for electron-phonon interaction effects observed in transport phenomena.
KeywordsAcoustic Mode Interface Mode Envelope Function Angular Dispersion Mechanical Boundary Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Jusserand and M. Cardona, “Raman Spectroscopy of Vibrations in Superlattices” in “Light Scattering in Solids V”, ed. by M. Cardona and G Güntherodt, eds., Springer, Heidelberg 1989Google Scholar
- 4.T. Tsuchiya, H. Akera and T. Ando, Phys. Rev. B, 39, 6025 (1989) and H. Akera and T. Ando, Envelope-Function Formalism for Phonons in Heterostructures, Phys. Rev., in pressGoogle Scholar
- 5.Z. V. Popovic, M Cardona, E. Richter, D.Strauch, L Tapfer, and K. Ploog, Phonon Properties of GaAs/AlAs Superlattice grown in the  direction, Phys. Rev. in Press.Google Scholar
- 6.Articles in this volume by E. Molinari, G. Kanellis, J Menéndez.Google Scholar
- 7.S. M. Rytov, Soviet Phys. Acoustics, 2, 68 (1956).Google Scholar
- 10.E. Richter and D. Strauch, Solid State Commun. 64, 867 (1987), Also, E. Richter — Diplom Thesis, University of Regensburg 1986.Google Scholar
- 11.Z V Popovic, M. Cardona, L. Tapfer, K. Ploog, E. Richter and D. Strauch, Appl. Phys. Lett. 54 864 (1989), also Phys. Rev, in pressGoogle Scholar
- 12.M I Alonso, M Cardona and G Kanellis, Solid State Commun. 69, 479 (1989) and erratum 70, i, (1989).Google Scholar