Prediction of PCB Susceptibility to Conducted Noise at Post-Layout Level
The consideration of ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC) effects in Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) at the design stage reduces costs and time to market. In this paper a tool, PRESTO_CNT, is presented. It can predict the susceptibility of a PCB to conducted perturbations. A What-if analysis facility can optimise the schematic and layout topology for EMC purposes. A case study dealing with the susceptibility of a PCB to conducted Continuous Wave (CW) noise is then given through a comparison between simulations and measurements.
KeywordsNoise Source Voltage Waveform ElectroMagnetic Compatibility Simulated Waveform Electrostatic Discharge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Forno, S. Rochel, “Advanced simulation and modelling techniques for hardware quality verification of digital systems,” Proc. EURO-OAC, Grenoble (P ), 1994.Google Scholar
- 2.E. Leroux, S. Caniggia, F. G. Canavero, B. Demoulin, “Evaluation of radiated emissions from printed circuit boards and cables at post-layout level”, International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Roma, September 1996.Google Scholar
- 3.“SPRINT&SIGHTS: Passive component modelling based on reflectometer measurements” HOT-Application Note AN-OlGoogle Scholar
- 4.“SPRINT&SIGHTS: Modelling of active components” HOT - Application Note AN-02Google Scholar
- 5.“SPRINT&SIGHTS: Modelling and simulation of semicustom CMOS chip” HOTApplication Note AN-03Google Scholar
- 6.E. Leroux, P. Bayor, “Modelling of Power Planes for Electrical Simulation”, International Wroclaw Symposium and Exhibition on EMC, June 1996Google Scholar