High-Energy Heavy Ions in Crystals
Channeling phenomena have been extensively studied in the last twenty years, and have been shown to be very helpful for the more general study of ion-matter interactions. However, the experimental work has been mostly performed with light projectiles, protons or alpha particles, and also electrons and positrons, over the whole range of available energies, from a few keV to several hundreds of GeV. Channeling investigations with heavy ions have been mainly performed with moderately heavy ions of Tandem energies, that is, between 1 and 3 MeV/u, and particularly by the Oak Ridge group in a nice series of experiments. It can be expected that channeling studies of very fast heavy ions, then in high charge states, will reveal specific properties of their interactions with matter.
KeywordsCharge State Target Atom High Charge State Strip Foil Nice Series
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.GANIL-85 Booklet, available on requeust at GANIL, B.P. 5027, 14021 CAEN CEDEX, FRANCE.Google Scholar
- 2.E. Balanzat, Y. Dural, J. C. Jousset, and M. Toulemonde, to appear in Nucl. Inst. and Meth. B.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Anne and C. Signarbieux, GANIL Report Ra/NS 278, available on request at GANIL, B.P. 5027, 14021 CAEN CEDEX, FRANCE.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Audouard, E. Balanzat, G. Fuchs, J. C. Jousset, D. Lesueur, and L. Thome, to appear in Europhysics Lett.; G. Fuchs, F. Studer, E. Balanzat, D. Groult, M. Toulemonde, and J. C. Jousset, to appear in Europhysics Lett.Google Scholar
- 7.See for instance: M. T. Robinson, Phys. Rev. B 4: 1461 (1971)Google Scholar
- D. Schmaus, Thesis, Paris (1984) unpublished.Google Scholar
- 9.See for instance: S. Datz, F. W. Martin, C. D. Moak, B. R. Appleton, and L. B. Bridwell, Rad. Eff. 12: 163 (1972)Google Scholar
- 10.See for instance: S. B. Elston, I. A. Sellin, M. Breinig, S. Huldt, L. Liljeby, R. S. Thoe, S. Datz, S. Overbury, and R. Laubert, Phys. Rev. Lett. 46: 321 (1981).Google Scholar