Synthesis of LTI Controllers for MISO LTI Plants
In this chapter the engineering tool for feedback design of single-input single-output and multi-input single-output systems, known as QFT, is introduced. The important features of this approach are: (i) it is robust to the exact amount of plant uncertainty; (ii) it tailors the closed loop precisely to the specifications which are given at each frequency; and (iii) the technique is graphically based, therefore allowing for insight into tradeoffs amongst design parameters such as complexity, scheduling, amount of uncertainty, sampling time, margins and bandwidth. As a result, the method allows the designer to come up with low bandwidth designs.
KeywordsClosed Loop Open Loop Allowed Region Nominal Plant Open Loop Gain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Notes and References
- Bode, H.W., Networks Analysis and Feedback Amplifier Design, Van Nostrand, New York, 1945.Google Scholar
- Kidron, O. and Yaniv, O., Robust Control of Uncertain Resonant Systems, European Journal of Control, Vol. 1, no. 2, 1996, pp. 104–112.Google Scholar
- Gutman, P.O., Qsyn — the toolbox for robust control systems design, User’s manual. Novo Syn AB, Jonstortpsvagen 61, Jonstorp, Sweden, 1996.Google Scholar
- Chait, Y., QFT Loop Shaping and Minimization of the High-frequency Gain Via Convex Optimization, Symposium on Quantitative Feedback Theory and Other Frequency Domain Methods and Applications, University of StrathClyde, August 21–22, 1997, pp. 13–27.Google Scholar
- Bailey, F., Hui, C., and Punyko, A., The Loop Gain-Phase Design Programs, QFT Symposium, Flight Dynamic Directorate, Wright Laboratory, Air-Force System Command, Wright Patterson Air-Force Base, OHIO, WL-TR-923063, 1992 pp. 565–574.Google Scholar
- Gutierrez, J.A., and Rabins, M.J., A Computer Loop-shaping Algorithm for Controllers for Minimum-Phase, Uncertain Systems Starting From QFT Type Bounds, Proceedings of the 1993 American Control Conference, San Francisco, CA, USA, 2–4 June, 1993, Vol. 2, pp. 1711–5.Google Scholar
- Rodrigues, J.M., Chait, Y., and Hollot, C.V., A New Algorithm for Computing QFT Bounds, Proceedings of the 1995 American Control Conference, Seattle, WA, USA, 21–23 June 1995, Vol. 6, pp. 3970–3974.Google Scholar
- Jayasuriya, S. and Zhao, Y., Robust Stability of Plants With Mixed Uncertainties and Quantitative Feedback Theory, Proceedings of the 1993 American Control Conference, San Francisco, CA, USA 2–4 June 1993, Vol. 2, pp. 1706–1710.Google Scholar