On Subshifts and Topological Markov Chains
Let Σ be a finite alphabet with its discrete topology. On the shift space Σℤ one has the shift S Σ,
KeywordsEquivalence Class Irreducible Component Periodic Point Finite Type Initial Vertex
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.—P. Béal and D. Perrin, “Symbolic Dynamics and Finite Automata”, Handbook of Formal Languages, G. Rozenberg and A. Salomaa, Eds., Springer 1997, Vol. 2, 463–506.Google Scholar
- M. Boyle, B. Marcus, and P. Trow, Resolving maps and the Dimension Group for Shifts of Finite Type, Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. 377, 1987.Google Scholar
- I. Csiszâr and J. Komlós, “On the equivalence of two models of finite—state noiseless channels from the point at view of the output”, Proceedings of the Colloquium on Information Theory, A. Renyi and J. Bolyai, eds, Math. Soc. Budapest, 1968, 129–131.Google Scholar
- D. Fiebig and U.—R. Fiebig, “Covers for Coded Systems”, Symbolic Dynamics and Its Applications, Contemporary Mathematics 135, ed. P. Walters, Amer. Math. Soc. 1992, 139–179.Google Scholar
- R. Fischer, “Sofic Systems and Graphs”, Monatsh. Math. 80, 1975, 179186.Google Scholar
- R. Fischer, “Graphs and symbolic dynamics”, Colloq. Math. Soc. Janos Bólyai 16, Topics in Information Theory, 1975, 229–244.Google Scholar
- B. Kitchens, Symbolic Dynamics, Springer 1998.Google Scholar
- W. Krieger, talk given at C.I.R.M., Luminy, July 27, 1987.Google Scholar
- D. Lind and B. Marcus, An Introduction to Symbolic Dynamics and Coding, Cambridge University Press 1995.Google Scholar
- B. Marcus, “Sofic systems and encoding data”, IEEE -IT 31, 1985, 366377.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2000