Resource Allocation for Integrated Voice/WWW Traffic in UMTS/TDD Systems
The benefit of a locally centralized architecture for resource allocation and management in the micro-cellular environment is investigated for the UMTS TD-CDMA access scheme. Integrated voice and bursty data (e.g. WWW sessions) transmission is studied. Then the performance of a dynamic resource allocation is evaluated through simulations.
KeywordsVoice Call Dynamic Resource Allocation Intercell Interference Frequency Division Duplex Radio Network Controller
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Ojanpera, R. Prasad, “An Overview of Third Generation Wireless Personal Communications: A European Perspective”, IEEE Personal Communications, Dec 1998, pp. 59–65.Google Scholar
- E. Dahlman et al.. “UMTS/1MT-2000 Based on Wideband CDMA”, IEEE Communication Magazine, September 1998, pp. 70–80.Google Scholar
- ETSI SMG2, Ilse ETSI UMTS Terrestrial Radio Access (URA) ITU-R RTT Candidate Submission, Tdoc 260 /98, June 1998.Google Scholar
- E. Nikula, et al., “FRAMES Multiple Access for UMTS and IMT-2000”, IEEE Personal Communications, Apr. 1998, pp. 16–24.Google Scholar
- C. Mihailescu, X. Lagrange, Ph. Godlewski, “Dynamic Resource Allocation for UMTS TD-CDMA Systems”, Proceedings of the 3rd European Personal Mobile Communications Conference, Paris, March 1999, pp. 179–185.Google Scholar
- C. Mihailescu, X. Lagrange, Ph. Godlewski, “Dynamic Resource Allocation for Packet Transmission in UMTS TDD TD-CDMA Systems”, Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Houston, USA. May 1999Google Scholar
- C. Mihailescu. X. Lagrange. Ph. Godlewslci, “Dynamic Resource Allocation in Locally Centralized Cellular Systems”, Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, Ottawa, Canada, 1998, pp. 1695–1700.Google Scholar
- ETSI “Selection procedures for the choice of the radio transmission technologies of the Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS)”, UMTS 30.03 version 3.1.0, TR 101 112, 1997–11.Google Scholar
- J-E. Berg, “A Recursive Method for Street Microcell Path Loss Calculations”, Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, Toronto, Canada, 1995, pp. 140–143.Google Scholar
- [I1]H. Mang, “Service Disciplines for Guaranteed Performance Service in Packet-Switching Networks”, Proceedings of the IEEE, Oct. 1995, pp. 1374–1396.Google Scholar
- J. Schindler, et al. “Overview of the UTRA/7DD Performance Evaluation”, Proceedings of Ist International Symposium on Wireless Multimedia Communications, Yokosuka, Japan, Nov. 1998Google Scholar