This chapter is devoted to the origins of the IMF and to its principal provisions and operation. A brief appraisal is followed by a few suggestions for further reading.
KeywordsCentral Bank Member Country Trust Fund International Monetary System Reserve Position
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
A. IMF publications
- International Financial News Survey (weekly up to 28 July 1972), IMF Survey (fortnightly, since 14 August 1972)Google Scholar
- The International Monetary Fund, 1945–1965 Twenty years on international monetary cooperation (1969) — Vol. L J. K. Horsefleld, Chronicle; Vol. 2: M. G. De Vries et al., Analysis; Vol. 3. Documents (reproducing most of the documents referred to in the first two volumes)Google Scholar
- M. G. De Vries, The International Monetary Fund, 1966–71, The system under stress (1976): 2 volumes; trace in detail the steps which have led to the Fund’s main policy decisions (Vol. 2 reproducing documents)Google Scholar
- M. G. De Vries, The International Monetary Fund, 1972–1978. Cooperation on trial (1986): 3 volumes (Vol. 3 is a compilation of documents)Google Scholar
- A. Salda, International Monetary Fund, a selective, annotated bibliography (1993)Google Scholar
- H. James, International monetary cooperation since Bretton Woods (1996) The future of the SDR in light of changes in the international financial system (ed. M Mussa, J. Boughton and P. Isard).Google Scholar
B. Other publications
- A. Walters. Do we need the IMF and the World Bank? ( Institute of Economic Affairs, London 1994 )Google Scholar
- R. Vaubel, The political economy of the International Fund. A public choice analysis, in The Political economy of international organizations A public choice approach, ed. R. Vaubel and T. D. Willett, Colorado, Westview Press Boulder, 1991.Google Scholar
- B. Tew, The International Monetary Fund: its present role and future prospects ( Princeton, Princeton University Press, 1961 )Google Scholar
- H. G. Johnson, On living without an international monetary system, Euromoney, April 1975Google Scholar
- id World inflation and the international monetary system, Three Banks Review, Sept. 1975Google Scholar
- F. Machlup, The need for monetary reserves, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Sept. 1966Google Scholar
- S. Mookerjee, Policies on the use of the Fund resources, IMF Staff Papers, Nov. 1966Google Scholar
- A conversation with Mr. Witteveen, Finance and Development, Sept. 1978.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 1998