Measurement and Modelling of the High-Voltage Devices
The measured static and dynamic characteristics of the SVX devices are presented first, where the high-voltage capabilities and the reliability aspects are pointed out through the measurement data. On the basis of these results, a first order modelling is then performed for both devices in order to allow further the simulation of high-voltage integrated circuits. It consists of two macro-models in which discrete devices are combined with a low-voltage transistor to model the behaviour of the lightly doped drains. Finally, the handling of high-voltage power supplies in a standard low-voltage CMOS process, necessitates the use of special layout precautions against parasitic effects. These precautions are discussed in the last part of this chapter.
KeywordsGate Voltage Depletion Layer Drain Voltage Guard Ring Saturation Mode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. J. Declercq, J. D. Plummer, “Avalanche Breakdown in High-Voltage DMOS Devices” IEEE Trans. Elec. Dev., Vol. ED-23, January 1976, pg. 1–4Google Scholar
- B. J. Baliga, “Modern Power Devices”, Krieger Publishing Company, Folrida, 1987Google Scholar
- C. Hu, S. C. Tam, F. C. Hsu, P. K. Ko, T. Y. Chan, K. W. Terrill, “Hot-Electron-Induced MOSFET Degradation—Model, Monitor, and Improvement” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-20, No. 1 February 1985Google Scholar
- S. M. Sze, “Physics of Semiconductor Devices”, Wiley-Interscience, New York, 1981Google Scholar
- H. R. Claessen, P. V. D. Zee, “An Accurate DC Model for High-Voltage Lateral DMOS Transistors Suited for CACD” IEEE Trans. Elec. Dev., Vol. ED-33, December 1976, pp. 1964–1970Google Scholar
- Y. S. Kim, J. G. Fossum, R. K. Williams, “New Physical Insights and Models for High-Voltage LDMOST IC CAD” IEEE Trans. Elec. Dev.,Vol. ED-38, July 1991, pp. 16411649Google Scholar
- Dolphin integration, Meylan Cedex, FranceGoogle Scholar
- Enz-Krummenacher-Vittoz Model, release 2.3, Electronics Laboratories,Swiss Federal Institute of technology, Lausanne, SwitzerlandGoogle Scholar
- Berkeley Short-Channel IGFET Model, Electronics Research Laboratory,University of California/BerkeleyGoogle Scholar
- MEAD Microelectronics S.A, St-Sulpice SwitzerlandGoogle Scholar