The IEEE 1149.4 standard mandates no test methods or metrologies. Rather, the standard provides an architecture for controlling a set of minimum geometry switches within an IEEE 1149.4 compliant device. The issue of which test metrology and instrumentation to use has been left to the test engineer. This chapter focuses on one test method, structural testing, and the instrumentation needed for this method.
KeywordsSine Wave Structural Test Test Engineer Passing Region Diagnostic Resolution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Ahrikencheikh and M Spears, “Limited Access Testing of Analog Circuits: Handling Tolerances”, Proceedings, International Test Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, 1999Google Scholar
- R S. Berkowitz, “Conditions for Network-Element-Value Solvability”, IRE Trans. Circuit Theory, pp. 1924–1962, vol. CT-9Google Scholar
- Leon O. Chua, Pen-Min Lin, “Computer-Aided Analysis of Electronic Circuits”, Prentice Hall, 1975Google Scholar
- J-L. Huang and K-T. Cheng, “Analog Fault Diagnosis for Unpowered Circuit Boards”, Proceedings, International Test Conference, pp. 640–648, Washington DC, 1997Google Scholar
- J-L. Huang and K-T. Cheng, “Test Point Selection for Analog Multi-Frequency Fault Diagnosis”, ECE Technical Report #98–20, University of California, Santa Barbara, May 1998Google Scholar
- Ruey-wen Liu, “Testing and Diagnosis of Analog Circuits and Systems”, Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1991Google Scholar
- K P. Parker, J. E. McDermid, and S. Oresjo, “Structure and Metrology for an Analog Testability Bus”, Proceedings, International Test Conference, pp. 309–322, Baltimore, MD, 1993Google Scholar
- K P. Parker, J. E. McDermid, R. A. Browen, K Nuriya, K Hirayama, and A. Matsuzawa, “Design, Fabrication and Use of Mixed-Signal IC Testability Structures”, Proceedings, International Test Conference, pp. 489–498, Washington DC, 1997Google Scholar
- K P. Parker, “The Boundary-Scan Handbook, 2nd Edition, Analog & Digital”, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1998Google Scholar
- J E. McDermid, “Limited Access Testing: Ability And Requirements”, Proceedings of the Technical Program Nepcon West 98Google Scholar
- Y. Togawa, T. Matsumoto, and H. Aria, “Linear Algorithm for Branch Fault Diagnosis of Analog Circuits: T F Equivalence-Class Approach”, IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems, pp. 992–1009, vol. CAS-32, N° 10Google Scholar
- B. Vinnakota, “Analog and Mixed Signal Test”, Prentice Hall, 1998Google Scholar