Semilinear Hemivariational Inequalities with Dirichlet Boundary Condition
- 284 Downloads
The paper studies nonsmooth semilinear elliptic boundary value problems which are expressed in the form of hemivariational inequalities. The approach relies on nonsmooth variational methods using essentially a general unilateral growth condition and a new concept of solution. The known results are recovered without additional assumptions.
KeywordsBoundary value problems hemivariational inequalities nonsmooth analysis nonconvex potential.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Dinca, P. D. Panagiotopoulos, and G. Pop, Inéqualités hémivariationnelles semi-coercives sur des ensembles convexes, C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris 320, Serie I (1995), 1183–1186.Google Scholar
- D. Y. Gao, Duality Principles in Nonconvex Systems, Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications, Vol. 39, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht/Boston/London, 2000.Google Scholar
- D. Goeleven and D. Motreanu, Minimax methods of Szulkin’s type in unilateral problems, in: Functional Analysis–Selected Topics (Ed. P. K. Jain ), Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi, India, 1998, p. 169–183.Google Scholar
- D. Goeleven, D. Motreanu, Y. Dumont and M. Rochdi, Variational and Hemivariational Inequalities, Theory, Methods and Applications, Volume I: Unilateral Analysis and Unilateral Mechanics, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht/Boston/London, to appear.Google Scholar
- E. S. Mistakidis and G. E. Stavroulakis, Nonconvex Optimization in Mechanics. Smooth and Nonsmooth Algoritms, Heuristic and Engineering Applications by the F.E.M., Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, Boston, London, 1998.Google Scholar
- D. Motreanu and Z. Naniewicz, A topological approach to hemivariational inequalities with unilateral growth conditions, J. Appl. Anal. 7 (2001), 2341.Google Scholar
- D. Motreanu and P. D. Panagiotopoulos, Minimax Theorems and Qualitative Properties of the Solutions of Hemivariational Inequalities, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, Boston, London, 1999.Google Scholar
- Z. Naniewicz, Hemi-variational inequalities: Static problems, Encyclopedia of Optimization, Vol. II, p. 389–409, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, Boston, London, 2001.Google Scholar
- Z. Naniewicz and P. D. Panagiotopoulos, Mathematical Theory of Hemivariational Inequalities and Applications, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1995.Google Scholar
- H. Rabinowitz, Minimax Methods in Critical Point Theory with Applications to Differential Equations, CBMS Regional Conf. Sec. in Math. No. 65, Amer. Math Soc., Providence, R. I., 1986.Google Scholar