Part of the Texts and Monographs in Computer Science book series (MCS)
In this chapter we explain the notation used throughout this book and some necessary elementary notions from mathematical logic.
KeywordsProof System High Type Proper State Simple Variable Boolean Expression
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Car90]L. Cardelli. Typeful programming In E.J. Neuhold and M. Paul, editors, State of the Art Book: Formal Description of Programming Concepts, New York, 1990. Springer-Verlag. To appear.Google Scholar
- [End72]H.B. Enderton. A Mathematical Introduction to Logic. Academic Press, 1972.Google Scholar
- [Gir89]Y. Girard. Proofs and Types. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, Great Britain, 1989.Google Scholar
- [Men79]E. Mendelson. Introduction to Mathematical Logic. van Nostrand, Princeton, second edition, 1979.Google Scholar
- [Mit90]J.C. Mitchell. Type systems in programming languages. In J. van Leeuwen, editor, Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science, pages 365–458, Amsterdam, 1990. Elsevier.Google Scholar
- [TZ88]J.V. Tucker and J.I. Zucker. Program Correctness over Abstract Data Types, with Error-State Semantics. North-Holland and CWI Monographs, Amsterdam, 1988.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1991