Project Scope, Time Line, and Budget
Project planning involves flexibility among project scope, time line, and budget.2 Changes in project scope directly impact both the time line and budget. Limiting scope may allow the team to compress the time line and decrease the budget. Increases in scope or last minute changes in scope will most certainly increase the time and budgetary resources needed to complete implementation. Completely discussing budget management and containment strategies would take an entire book. This chapter summarizes project scope development, scope creep management, time-line development, and budget issues.
KeywordsProject Manager Project Team Time Line Work Plan Change Request
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.List of all laws. http://www.textfiles.com/humor/JOKES/laws.lst (January 23, 2003).
- 2.Anthony RN, Deardon J, Govindarajan V. Management Control Systems, 7th ed. Boston, MA: Irwin, 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.Hebda T, Czar P, Mascara, C. Handbook of Informatics for Nurses and Health Care Professionals, 2nd ed. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 2001.Google Scholar
- 4.Timmreck TC. Planning, Program Development, and Evaluation. Massachusetts: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 1995. Available at http://www.netlilbrary.com/ (March 25, 2003).
- 6.Controlling project scope website.controlling_project scope.htm (March 25, 2003).Google Scholar
- 7.GoodQuotes. http://www.goodquotes.com/proverbs3.htm (February 7, 2003).
- 8.FM 5.0 final draft. Army Planning and Orders Production. Washington, DC: Field Manual Headquarters, Department of the Army, 2002.Google Scholar
- 9.Brooks FE The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering, Anniversary Edition, 2nd ed. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1995.Google Scholar