Special Values of Zeta-Functions of Fermat Varieties over Finite Fields
Special values of the zeta-functions of Fermat varieties over finite fields at integral arguments are computed. Guided by a series of conjectures by Lichtenbaum and Milne, and by Shioda, arithmetical and geometrical interpretations of these special values are discussed.
KeywordsFinite Field Cohomology Group Newton Polygon Hodge Number Prime Degree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lichtenbaum, S, Values of zeta-functions at non-negative integers, in Number Theory, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1068, Springer-Verlag 1984, pp. 129–138.Google Scholar
- Pinch, R., and Swinnerton-Dyer, H.P.F., L-functions in Arithmetic, Proc. 1989 Durham Symposium, J. Coates and M. Taylor (eds.), Cambridge University Press, to appear.Google Scholar
- Schoen, Chad., Cyclic covers of P” branched along v + 2 hyperplanes and the generalized Hodge Conjecture for certain abelian varieties, in Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1399, Springer-Verlag 1990, pp. 137–154.Google Scholar
- Suwa, N., and Yui, N., Arithmetic of Fermat Varieties I : Fermat motives and p-adic cohomologies, MSRI Berkeley Preprint 1988.Google Scholar
- Tate, J., Algebraic cycles and poles of zeta-functions, Arithmetical Algebraic Geometry, ed. O.F.G. Schilling, Harper and Row, New York (1965), pp. 93–100.Google Scholar
- Tate, J., On a conjecture of Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer and a geometric analogue, in Dix Exposés sur la Cohomologie des Schémas, North-Holland, Amsterdam 1968, pp. 189–214.Google Scholar
- Yui, N., On the norms of algebraic numbers associated to Jacobi sums, Preprint 1990.Google Scholar
- Yui, N., and Gouvêa, F., Arithmetic of diagonal hypersurfaces over finite fields, in preparation.Google Scholar