Characteristics of Specific Radiopharmaceuticals
In Chapter 6 the general principles of labeling methods, particularly iodination and 99mTc-labeling, have been discussed, and kit preparation for formulation of 99mTc-radiopharmaceuticals has been described. In this chapter the practical aspects of preparation, labeling yield, stability, storage conditions, and other characteristics of radiopharmaceuticals most commonly used in nuclear medicine will be discussed.
KeywordsHuman Serum Albumin Label Efficiency Stannous Chloride Label Yield Albumin Microsphere
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References and Suggested Reading
- Dewanjee MK. The chemistry of 99mTc-labeled radiopharmaceuticals. Semin Nucl Med. 1990; XX : 5.Google Scholar
- Fritzberg AR, Kasina S, Eshima D, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of technetium-99m MAG3 as hippuran replacement. J Nucl Med. 1986; 27 :11.Google Scholar
- Hnatowich DJ. Recent developments in the radiolabeling of antibodies with iodine, indium and technetium. Semin Nucl Med. 1990; XX : 80.Google Scholar
- Nunn AD. Radiopharmaceutical for imaging myocardial perfusion. Semin Nucl Med. 1990; XX: 111.Google Scholar
- Package inserts of various kits available from commercial suppliers.Google Scholar
- Sodd VJ, Allen DR, Hoagland DR, et al., eds. Radiopharmaceuticals II. New York: Society of Nuclear Medicine; 1979.Google Scholar
- Srivastava SC, Straub RF. Blood cell labeling with 99mTc: progress and perspectives. Semin Nucl Med. 1990; XX : 41.Google Scholar
- Thakur ML, Coleman RE, Welch MJ. Indium-111-labeled leukocytes for the localization of abscesses: preparation, analysis, tissue distribution and comparison with gallium-67 citrate in dogs. J Lab Clin Med. 1977; 82 : 217.Google Scholar
- U.S. Pharmacopeia XXII. United States Pharmacopeial Convention, Rockville, Md; 1990.Google Scholar
- Welch MJ, ed. Radiopharmaceuticals and other compounds labelled with shortlived radionuclides. New York: Pergamon Press; 1977.Google Scholar
- Zuckier LS, Rodriguez LD, Scharff MD. Immunologic and pharmacologic concepts of monoclonal antibodies. Semin Nucl Med. 1990; XX: 166.Google Scholar