Radiation Dosimetry, Protection, and Regulations
There are three units related to radiation: the roentgen (R) for exposure, the rad (radiation absorbed dose) for absorbed dose, and the rem (roentgen equivalent man) for dose equivalent.
KeywordsRadiation Protection Radioactive Material Exposure Rate Radiation Dosimetry Nuclear Regulatory Commission
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cloutier RJ, Edwards CL, Snyder WS (eds) (1970) Medical radionuclides: Radiation dose and effects. CONF-691212. US Atomic Energy Commission, Oak RidgeGoogle Scholar
- International Commission on Radiological Protection (1964) Report of Committee V (1953–1962): Handling and disposal of radioactive materials in hospitals and medical research establishments, ICRP 5. Pergamon Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (1964) Safe handling of radioactive materials (NCRP 30). NCRP Publications, Bethesda, MdGoogle Scholar
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (1971) Basic radiation protection criteria (NCRP 39). NCRP Publications, Bethesda, MdGoogle Scholar
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (1982) Nuclear medicine—factors influencing the choice and use of radionuclides diagnosis and therapy (NCRP 70). NCRP Publications, Bethesda, MdGoogle Scholar
- Proceedings of Radiopharmaceutical Dosimetry Symposium, Oak Ridge, April 1976. DHEW Publ No FDA 76–8044. Washington, DC (1976)Google Scholar
- Quimby E (1976) Safe handling of radioactive isotopes in medical practice. Macmillan, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Reports of Medical Internal Radiation Dose (MIRD) Committee. Pamphlet No. 1–11. Society of Nuclear Medicine, New York (1968–1977)Google Scholar
- Shapiro J (1972) Radiation protection. Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MassGoogle Scholar
- US Department of Health, Education and Welfare, Food and Drug Administration (1975) Radioactive drugs and radioactive biological products. Fed Register 40:144Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1984