Blind Compensation of I/Q Mismatches
As pointed out in Chapter six, the gain mismatch and phase error between the I and Q channels in a quadrature receiver, adversely affect the performance of the receiver, by generating image components of the receiving signal. Its effect is very problematic in a receiver designed for multi-channel reception.
KeywordsPhase Error Adaptive Filter Filter Coefficient Reference Input Signal Separation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F.E. Churchill, G.W. Ogar, and B.J. Thompson, The correction of I and Q errors in a coherent processor, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. AES-17, no. 1, pp. 131 - 137, Jan 1981.Google Scholar
- M.D. MacLeod, Fast calibration of IQ digitiser systems, Electronic Engineering, GB, Morgan-Grampian Ltd., London, vol. 62, no. 757, pp. 41 - 43, 1990.Google Scholar
- R. A. Green, R. Anderson-Sprecher, and J. W. Pierre, Quadrature receiver mismatch calibration, IEEE Tran. Signal Processing, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 3130 - 3133, Nov. 1999.Google Scholar
- K.P. Pun, J.E. Franca, C.A. Lerne, C.F. C.an, and C.S. Choy, Correction of frequency-dependent i/q mismatches in quadrature receivers, IEE Electronics Letters, vol. 37, no. 23, Nov. 2001.Google Scholar
- R. T. Compton, The power-inversion adaptive array: concept and performance, IEEE Trans. Aerospace Elect. Syst., vol. AES-15, pp. 803 - 814, Nov. 1979.Google Scholar
- R. L. Zinser, G. Mirchandani, and J. B. Evans, Some experimental and theoretical results using a new adaptive filter structure for noise cancellation in the presence of crosstalk, in Proc. Int. Acoust. Speech Signal Processing, Mar. 1985, pp. 208 - 211.Google Scholar
- D. Van Compernolle, Switching adaptive filters for enhancing noisy and reverberant speech from microphone array recordings, in Proc. Int. Acoust. Speech Signal Processing, Apr. 1990, pp. 833 - 836.Google Scholar
- Y. Bar-Ness and A. Dinç, Bootstrap: A fast blind adaptive signal separator, in Proc. Int. Acoust. Speech Signal Processing, Mar. 1992, vol. II, pp. 325 - 327.Google Scholar
- S.A. Jantzi et al., The effects of mismatch in complex bandpass EA modulators, in Proc. IEEE Int. Symposium on Circuits and Systems, May 1996, pp. 227 - 230.Google Scholar