Comparison of MC-CDMA and COFDM/TDMA Techniques Taking into Account the System Load for Wireless Indoor Communications
In this paper, the performance of a COFDM system with a Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) is compared with a Multi-Carrier Code Division Multiple Access (MC-CDMA) system in downlink and over an indoor channel. This study is carried out taking into account the load of the system and the channel coding rate. Some results for a mono-cellular environment are given and an introduction to a multi-cellular network is performed.
KeywordsCode Rate Time Division Multiple Access Spreading Code Indoor Channel Broadband Radio Access Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- .Yee (N.), Linnartz (J.P.), Fettweis (G.). Multicarrier CDMA in indoor wireless radio networks. Proceedings of IEEE PIMRC’93, pp 109–113, Yokohama, Japan, (1993).Google Scholar
- .Fazel (K.), Papke (L.). On the performance of convolutionnally-coded CDMA/OFDM for mobile communication system. Proceedings of IEEE PIMRC’93, pp 468–472, Yokohama, Japan, (1993).Google Scholar
- .Etsi Ets 300 744, Digital video broadcasting (DVB): framing structure, channel coding and modulation for digital terrestrial television (DVB-T). (March 1997).Google Scholar
- .Etsi. Project Broadband Radio Access Networks (BRAN); HIPERLAN Type 2, Technical specification; Physical layer. (October 1999).Google Scholar
- .Le Gouable (R.), Combination of Multi-Carrier modulations and Multiple access techniques: application to high data rate wireless communications. PhD thesis, [NSA de Rennes, France, (2001)Google Scholar
- .Fazel (K.). Performance of CDMA/OFDM for mobile communication system. Proceedings of IEEE ICUPC’93, pp 975–979, Ottawa, Canada, (1993).Google Scholar
- .Kaiser (S). Ofdm-Cdma versus Cdma: performance evaluation for fading channels. IEEE International Conference on Communications, pp 1722–1725 (June 1995).Google Scholar
- .OH (J-Y.), LIM (M-S.). The bandwidth efficiency increasing method of multicarrier CDMA and its performance evaluation in comparison with DS-CDMA with Rake receivers. Proceedings of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, pp. 561–565 (1999).Google Scholar
- .Kaiser (S.). Multi-Carrier CDMA Mobile Radio Systems — Analysis and Optimization of Detection, Decoding and Channel Estimation. PhD thesis, University of München, Germany, (1997)Google Scholar
- .LE Gouable (R.), Helard (M.), Helard (J.-F.), Baudais (J.-Y.). Multicarrier CDMA techniques for future wideband wireless networks. Annales des Telecoms, Special issue on UMTS, (May 2001).Google Scholar
- .Helard (J.-F.), Baudais (J.-Y.), Citerne (J.). Linear MMSE detection technique for MCCDMA. Electronics letters, 36, N°7, pp. 665–666, (March 2000).Google Scholar
- .Baudais (J.-Y.), Helard (J.-F.), Citerne (J.). An improved linear MMSE detection technique for Multi-Carrier CDMA systems: comparison and combination with interference cancellation. European Transactions on Telecommunications, Special issue on Multi-Carrier Spread-Spectrum, vol. 11, N°6, pp. 547–554 (December 2000).Google Scholar