Dual Variational Method and Applications to Boundary Value Problems
Part of the Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications book series (NOIA, volume 52)
Some problems that appear in the classical bending theory of elastic beams can be modelled by boundary value problems for fourth-order nonlinear differential equations.
KeywordsConvex Function Lower Semicontinuous Critical Point Theory Nonlinear Boundary Condition Minimax Theorem
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Amb]Ambrosetti A. Critical Points and Nonlinear Variational Problems. Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Preprint N 118, Nov. 1991.Google Scholar
- [GM1]Grossinho MR, Ma TF. Existence results for a fourth order ODE with nonlinear boundary conditions, Proc. of CDE’V, Univ. Rousse, Bulgaria, ed. S. Bilchev and S. Tersian,1995:34–41.Google Scholar
- [GM3]Grossinho MR, Ma TM. Nontrivial solutions for a fourth order O.D.E with singular boundary conditions, “Proceedings of the Seventh International Colloquium on Differential Equations” ( Bainov, ed.), Bulgaria, VSP, Netherlands, 1996:123–130.Google Scholar
- [MW2]Mawhin, Jean and Willem, Michael. Critical Point Theory and Hamiltonian Systems. N.Y.: Springer-Verlag, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Ra2]Rabinowitz P. Minimax Methods in Critical Point Theory and Applications to Differential Equations. CBMS Reg. Conf. 65, AMS, Providence, R.I., 1986.Google Scholar
- [Re]O’Regan D. Second and higher order systems of boundary value problems, J. Math. Anal. Appl., 1991;156:0–149.Google Scholar
- [WTY]Weaver W Jr, Timoshenko S and Young DH. Vibrations Problems in Engineering, 5th ed, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1990.Google Scholar
- [Wil2]Willem, Michael. Analyse Convexe et Optimisation. Louvain laNeuve: CIACO, 1987.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2001