Saddle-Point and Linking Theorems
- 344 Downloads
In this chapter we extend the minimax characterizations of critical points of functionals considering saddle-point theorems. First we present an earlier version of a saddle-point theorem of Von Neumann [Neu] and some generalizations. The goal of this chapter is to present the saddle-point theorem of P. Rabinowitz and some extensions obtained by several authors.
KeywordsReal Banach Space Critical Point Theory Minimax Theorem Nonlinear Functional Analysis Deformation Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BE]Bates P, Ekeland I. A saddle point theorem. Differential Equations, Academic Press, London, 1980.Google Scholar
- [Kr]Krasnosel’skii, Mark. Topological Methods in the Theory of Nonlinear Integral Equations, Moskow, 1956 (Russian).Google Scholar
- [LL]Lin JQ, List SJ. Some existence theorems on multiple critical points and their applications, Kexue Tongbao 1984; 17.Google Scholar
- [MW2]Mawhin, Jean and Willem, Michael. Critical Point Theory and Hamiltonian Systems. N.Y.: Springer-Verlag, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Ra2]Rabinowitz P. Minimax methods in Critical Point Theory and Applications to Differential Equations. CBMS Reg. Conf. 65, AMS, Providence, R.I., 1986.Google Scholar
- [Ra3]Rabinowitz P. Some minimax theorems and applications to nonlinear partial differential equations. Nonlinear analysis, A collection of papers in honour of Eric Rothe. Academic Press, N.Y., 1978:161–177.Google Scholar
- [Ram]Ramos, Miguel. Teorermas de Enlace na Teoria dos Pontos Críticos. Universidade de Lisboa, Faculdade de Ciências, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Sch3]Schechter M. New saddle point theorems. Generalized functions and their applications, Banaras Hindu University, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Sc]Schwartz John, Nonlinear Functional Analysis. Gordon and Breach, New York, 1969.Google Scholar
- [Sh]Shiffman. On the equality minmax-maxmin, and the theory of games, RAND, Report RM - 243, 1949.Google Scholar
- [Sm]Smoler Joel. Shock Waves and Reaction-Diffusion Equations, Springer-Verlag, New York, Heidelberg, 1983.Google Scholar