Uniqueness of Continuation Theorems
Part of the International Society for Analysis, Applications and Computation book series (ISAA, volume 5)
We prove a sharp uniqueness of continuation result for two classical systems of partial differential equations. The proof is based on a special Carleman type estimate developed by Tataru.
KeywordsDifferential Operator Level Surface Principal Part Partial Differential Operator Principal Symbol
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. B. Conway Functions of one complex variable Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1973Google Scholar
- D. Gilbarg, N. Trudinger Elliptic partial differential equations of second order Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1983Google Scholar
- L. Hörmander Linear partial differential operators Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1966Google Scholar
- L. Hörmander, The analysis of linear partial differential operators I-IV Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1983Google Scholar
- R. Leis, Initial boundary value problems in mathematical physics Wiley, New York 1986Google Scholar
- M. Renardy, R. Rogers An introduction to partial differential equations Springer-Verlag, Berlin 1993Google Scholar
- M. Yamamoto On an inverse problem of determining source terms in Maxwell’s equations with a single measurement preprint, 1997Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2000