Hamiltonian Cycle Problem via Markov Chains and Min-type Approaches
Given a directed graph and a given starting node, the Hamiltonian Cycle Problem (HCP) is to find a path that visits every other node exactly once before returning to the starting node. In this paper we solve the HCP via Markov chains and min-type functions. In addition, we present preliminary computational results with randomly generated graphs of moderate size.
KeywordsHamiltonian Cycle Problem Markov Chains Minimax Optimization.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Yu. Andramonov, A. M. Rubinov and B. M. Glover, Cutting angle methods in global optimization, Applied Mathematics Letters,to appear.Google Scholar
- Ming Chen and J. A. Filar, Hamiltonian Cycles, Qudratic Programming, and Ranking of Extreme Points. In C. Floudas and P. Pardalos, editors, Global Optimization. Princeton University Press, 1992.Google Scholar
- J. A. Filar and Ke Liu, Hamilton Cycle Problem and Singularly Perturbed Markov Decision Process, Research Report 1996/1, University of South Australia, School of Mathematics.Google Scholar
- J. A. Filar, M. G. M. Oberije and P. M. Pardalos, Hamiltonian Cycle Problem, Controlled Markov Chains and Quadratic Programming, In The Proceedings of The 12th National Conference of The Australian Society For Operations Research (Adelaide July 7–9), 1993, pp. 263–281.Google Scholar
- R. Horst and P. Pardalos (eds) Handbook on Global Optimization, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1996.Google Scholar
- L. C. M. Kallenberg, Linear Programming and Finite Markovian Control Problems, volume 148 of Mathematical Center Tracts, Amsterdam, 1983.Google Scholar
- S. S. Kutateladze and A. M. Rubinov, Minkowski Duality and its Applications, Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1976Google Scholar
- E. L. Lawler, J. K. Lenstra, A. H. G. Rinnooy Kan, D. B. Shmoys, The Tray-ding Salesman Problem. A Guided Tour of Combinatorial optimization, Wiley, Chichester, 1985.Google Scholar
- D. Pallaschke and S. Rolewicz, Foundations of Mathematical Optimization, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997.Google Scholar
- A.M. Rubinov and M. Yu.Andramonov, Minimizing increasing star-shaped functions based on abstract convexity, Journal of Global Optimization,to appear.Google Scholar
- A. Rubinov and M. Andramonov, Lipschitz programming via increasing convexalong-rays functions, Optimization Methods and Software,to appear.Google Scholar
- A. M. Rubinov and B. M. Glover, Increasing convex along-rays-functions with applications to global optimization, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications,to appear.Google Scholar
- I. Singer, Abstract Convex Analysis, Wiley and Sons, 1997.Google Scholar