Problems associated with environmental pollution are some of the most pressing ones facing policy-makers today. Concern with the deterioration, for example, of the quality of air and water resources is bringing new methodologies from a variety of disciplines to this problem domain.
KeywordsVariational Inequality Environmental Network Variational Inequality Problem License Price Emission License
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Baumol, W. J., and Oates, W. E., The Theory of Environmental Policy, Cambridge University Press, New York, New York, 1988.Google Scholar
- Crocker, T. D., “The structuring of atmospheric pollution control systems,” in The Economics of Air Pollution, H. Wolozin, editor, W. W. Norton, New York, New York, 1966.Google Scholar
- Cropper, M. L., and Oates, W. E.,“Environmental economics: A survey,” Journal of Economic Literature 30 (1992) 675–750.Google Scholar
- Dales, J. H., Pollution, Property, and Prices, University of Toronto Press, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 1968.Google Scholar
- Dhanda, K. K., Nagurney, A., and Ramanujam, P., Environmental Networks: A Framework for Economic Decision-Making and Policy Analysis, Edward Elgar Publishing Inc., Chelthenham, England, forthcoming, 1998.Google Scholar
- Korpelevich, G. M., “The extragradient method for finding saddle points and other problems,” Matekon 13 (1977) 35–49.Google Scholar
- Nagurney, A., and Dhanda, K., “A variational inequality approach for marketable pollution permits,” Computational Economics 9 (1996) 360–384Google Scholar
- Nagurney, A., and Dhanda, K. K. K., “Noncompliant oligopolistic firms and marketable pollution permits: Statics and dynamics,” Isenberg School of Management, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts, 1997b.Google Scholar
- Nagurney, A., and Dhanda, K. K. K., “Marketable pollution permits in oligopolistic markets with transaction costs,” Isenberg School of Management, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts, 1997c.Google Scholar
- Pearce, D. W., and Turner, R. K., Economics of Natural Resources and the Environment, The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Maryland, 1990.Google Scholar
- Tietenberg, T. H., Emissions Trading, An Exercise in Reforming Pollution Policy, Resources for the Future, Inc., Washington D. C., 1985.Google Scholar
- Tietenberg, T., Environmental and Natural Resource Economics, 4th edition, Harper Collins, New York, 1996.Google Scholar