Dialectic Approach of Risks’ Perception (The Case of Prefecture of Thessaloniki)
The paper presents the outcomes of a research that has been done using questionnaires with personal interviews from each of the mayors and presidents of the municipalities and village councils of the prefecture of Thessaloniki1. The objective of the research is the analysis of a system of risks that are probably threatening the prefecture of Thessaloniki as they are percepted by the local government leaders. The primary direction of the research is located in the new and emerging scientific area of «Cyndinics». The goal of the research is not only to reveal the existence or absence of the specific risks; but furthermore, to point out the dialectic relation between them, by determining their causes, their frequency as well as their importance and significance.
KeywordsData analysis Risk management Municipality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Decleris, M. (1991), Handbook of System Science, European Systemic Union and Hellenic Systemic Society, Athens.Google Scholar
- Faugeres, L. (1992), “Le risque et la crise: Realites et theories”, Actes du Colloque de Thessalonique, Paratiritis, Thessaloniki.Google Scholar
- Faugeres, L. (1994), “Cindynique Urbaine: Enseignements d’ une Experience”, Cindynics 94 (Les Risques et la Cite), Paris.Google Scholar
- Hadjiconstantinou, G. (1985), Economie Systems and Systemic Thought (In Greek), Sakoulas, Thessaloniki.Google Scholar
- Hadjiconstantinou, G. (1992a), “Searching for a method for risk management”, Proceedings of the 2 nd International Congress of the Economic Society of Thessaloniki, Paratiritis, Thessaloniki (In Greek).Google Scholar
- Hadjiconstantinou, G. (1992b), “A la recherche d’une approche interdiciplinaires — L’ouverture a la complexite”, in: Recherches Interdiciplinaires sur le risque (G.E.E.R.C.), Foundation for International Studies, Malta, 63–70.Google Scholar
- Morin, E. (1990), “The challenge of complexity”, Nature and Society 5, General Secretariat of Youth, Athens (In Greek)Google Scholar
- Passet, R.(1987), L’économie et le vivant, Greek edition, Paratiritis, Thessaloniki, 93–97.Google Scholar
- Ilya Prigogine — Isabelle Stongers(1979), La nouvelle alliance, ed. Gallimard, Paris.Google Scholar
- Ploman, E. (1988), “The science and practice of complexness”, in: G. Hadjiconstantinou (ed), Beyond the Mechanistic Perception in the Economic Theory, Paratiritis, Thessaloniki, 387–406 (In Greek)Google Scholar
- Theys, J. (1987), “La societe vulnerable”, Presses de l’Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, 12.Google Scholar