Product Stewardship and Useful Life Concepts
Has Product Stewardship brought the production and use of goods and services in better alignment with the goal of sustainable development? Or is there an underlying contradiction between the production-oriented industrial society and the vision of sustainable development that cannot be bridged? This chapter aims at identifying the challenges that industry is faced with in the debate around sustainable production and consumption, and the role of Product Stewardship.
KeywordsSustainable Development Sustainable Production Business Leader Product Responsibility Life Cycle Perspective
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Flaherty, M. (1996) Making the Link: Sustainable Production and Consumption, Geneva, WBCSD.Google Scholar
- Schmidt Biefk, F. (1995) Produktenentwicklung — Nutzen gestalten — Natur schonen, Wien, WIFI Publication no. 270.Google Scholar
- US President’s Council for Sustainable Development (1996) Final Report, Washington D.C. Product Stewardship and Useful Life Concepts 55 Google Scholar
- VON Wfizsäcker (1996) Factor 4, Wuppertal Institut, forthcomingGoogle Scholar
- Willums, Jan-Olaf (1995) Eco-Efficiency and Education. Geneva, EEMA Conference Proceedings.Google Scholar