Array antennas are used in a large number of applications, such as radioastronomy, space and terrestrial telecommunications — but undoubtedly it is radar that has played the most important role in their development.
KeywordsPhase Shifter Phase Mode Phase Array Directional Coupler Antenna Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amitay, N., Galindo, V. and Wu, C.P., Theory and Analysis of Phased Array Antennas, Wiley-Interscience, London, 1972.Google Scholar
- 2.Barton, P., `Digital beam forming for radar’, Proc. IEE, Vol. 127, Pt. F, No. 4, pp266277, August 1980.Google Scholar
- 3.Benjamin, R. and Seeds, A.J., `Optical beam forming techniques for phased array antennas’, IEE Proc., Vol. 139, Pt. H, No. 6, pp 526–534, December 1992.Google Scholar
- 4.Borgiotti, G., `Conformal arrays’, Chapter 11 in The Handbook of Antenna Design, Vol. II, A.W. Rudge, K. Milne, A.D. Olver and P. Knight (eds), Peter Peregrinus, Stevenage, 1983.Google Scholar
- 5.Brookner, E., `Phased-array radars’, Scientific American, February 1985, pp. 94–102.Google Scholar
- 6.Cohen, E.D., `Trends in the development of MMICs and packages for active electronically scanned arrays (AESA)’, 1996 IEEE International Symposium on Phased-array Systems and Technology, Boston, MA, pp. 1–4, October 1996.Google Scholar
- 7.Davies, D.E.N., `Circular arrays’, Chapter 12 in The Handbook of Antenna Design, Vol. II, A.W. Rudge, K. Milne, A.D. Olver and P. Knight (eds), Peter Peregrinus, Stevenage, 1983.Google Scholar
- 8.Hansen, R.C. (ed), Microwave Scanning Antennas, Vols I-III, Academic Press, New York, 1964, (reprinted in a single volume by Peninsula Publishing, Los Altos, USA, 1985 ).Google Scholar
- 9.Mailloux, R., `Phased array theory and technology’, Proc. IEEE, Vol. 70, No. 3, March 1982.Google Scholar
- 11.Shenoy, R.P., `Phased array antennas - Part 3: active aperture arrays’, in Advanced Radar Techniques and Systems, G. Galati (ed.), Peter Peregrinus, Stevenage, 1993.Google Scholar
- 12.Steinberg, B.D., Principles of Aperture and Array Systems Design, WileyInterscience, London, 1976.Google Scholar
- 13.Steyskal, H., `Digital beamforming antennas: an introduction’, Microwave Journal, January 1987, pp 107–124.Google Scholar
- 14.Tsunoda, Y. and Goto, N., `Sidelobe suppression of planar array antennas by the multistage decision method’, IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, September 1987.Google Scholar