S-PLUS provides comprehensive graphics facilities, from simple facilities for producing common diagnostic plots by plot (object) to fine control over publication-quality graphs. In consequence, the number of graphics parameters is huge. In this chapter, we build up the complexity gradually. Most readers will not need the material in Section 3.4, and indeed the material there is not used elsewhere in this book. However, we have needed to make use of it, especially in matching existing graphical styles.
KeywordsOuter Margin Data Frame Text Line Graphical Output Graphic Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.postscript exists on both Unix and Windows systems, but the driver and the function arguments are completely different.Google Scholar
- 2.not the figure region; Figure 3.4 on page 81 shows the distinction.Google Scholar
- 3.for which it needs to be invoked as library(ntrellis)Google Scholar
- 4.This was the meaning in Trellis 1.x in boxplot . formula and stripplot !Google Scholar
- 5.Users of S-PLUS 3.3 should omit pscale=0 .Google Scholar
- 6.which in American usage is a rectangular wooden tile laid partially overlapping on roofs or walls.Google Scholar
- 7.This seems undocumented in S-PLUS 3.3, and unreliable.Google Scholar
- 8.If only one column is selected this is used for y and the index is used for x .Google Scholar