S-PLUS contains extensive survival analysis facilities written by Terry Therneau (Mayo Foundation). The functions in S-PLUS 3.3 and 3.4 are modified versions of code available from statlib as survival4 (see Appendix C for further information); S-PLUS 3.2 and earlier versions used the rather different survival2 . As the code for survival4 is available1, we strongly recommend its use.
KeywordsBaseline Hazard Intravenous Drug User Cumulative Hazard Death Time Cumulative Hazard Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.a compiled version for S-PLUS 3.2 for Windows is available via our WWW sites.Google Scholar
- 2.Andersen et al. (1993, p. 22) indicate that this trial had a sequential stopping rule which invalidates most of the methods used here; it should be seen as illustrative only.Google Scholar
- 3.S(t—) is the Kaplan-Meier estimate of survival just prior to t , ignoring the grouping.Google Scholar
- 4.and had not been for four years.Google Scholar
- 5.first proposed by Peto (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.We are grateful to the Australian National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research for making these data available to us.Google Scholar