The graded response model represents a family of mathematical models that deals with ordered polytomous categories. These ordered categories include rating such as letter grading, A, B, C, D, and F, used in the evaluation of students’ performance; strongly disagree, disagree, agree, and strongly agree, used in attitude surveys; or partial credit given in accordance with an examinee’s degree of attainment in solving a problem.
KeywordsLatent Trait Item Parameter Homogeneous Case Partial Credit Grade Response Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kolakowski, D. and Bock, R.D. (1973). Maximum Likelihood Item Analysis and Test Scoring: Logistic Model for Multiple Item Responses. Ann Arbor, MI: National Educational Resources.Google Scholar
- Levine, M. (1984). An Introduction to Multilinear Formula Scoring Theory (Office of Naval Research Report, 84–4 ). Champaign, IL: Model-Based Measurement Laboratory, Education Building, University of Illinois.Google Scholar
- Lord, F.M. (1952). A theory of mental test scores. Psychometric Monograph, No. 7.Google Scholar
- Muraki, E. and Bock, R.D. (1993). Parscale. Chicago, IL: Scientific Software.Google Scholar
- Ramsay, J.O. and Wang, X. (1993). Hybrid IRT Models. Paper presented at the Meeting of the Psychometric Society, Berkeley, CA.Google Scholar
- Roche, A.F., Wainer, H., and Thissen, D. (1975). Skeletal Maturity: The Knee Joint As a Biological Indicator. New York, NY: Plenum Medical Book.Google Scholar
- Samejima, F. (1969). Estimation of ability using a response pattern of graded scores. Psychometrika Monograph, No. 17.Google Scholar
- Samejima, F. (1972). A general model for free-response data. Psychometrika Monograph, No. 18.Google Scholar
- Samejima, F. (1983). Some methods and approaches of estimating the operating characteristics of discrete item responses. In H. Wainer and S. Messick (Eds.), Principles of Modern Psychological Measurement: A Festschrift for Frederic M. Lord (pp. 159–182 ). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.Google Scholar
- Samejima, F. (1993). Roles of Fisher type information in latent trait models. In H. Bozdogan (Ed.), Proceedings of the First US/Japan Conference on the Frontiers of Statistical Modeling: An Informational Approach (pp. 347–378 ). Netherlands: Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- Samejima, F. (1996). Rationale and actual procedures of efficient nonparametric approaches for estimating the operating characteristics of discrete item responses. (In press.)Google Scholar
- Thissen, D. (1991). Multilog User’s Guide Version 6. Chicago, IL: Scientific Software.Google Scholar