Noise in Fully Integrated PLL’s
Phase locked loops (PLL) and low noise voltage controlled oscillators (VCO) for cordless and cellular applications are presented and innovative arrangements as well as design considerations are also discussed. Moreover, design equations are given for the main performance parameters of VCOs such as the oscillation amplitude, the oscillation frequency, the phase noise, etc. Measured results on experimental prototypes are reported which give a view of the state of the art in fully integrated PLLs and LC oscillators.
KeywordsPhase Noise Oscillation Amplitude Phase Lock Loop Charge Pump Voltage Control Oscillator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Neuvo, “Future directions in mobile communications”, ESSCIRC ’96, pp. 35–39, Neuchatel, Switzerland, Sept. 1996.Google Scholar
- William F. Egan, “Frequency Synthesis by Phase Locks”, John Wiley & Sons, 1981.Google Scholar
- G. Cosentino, “Circuito d’anello ad aggancio di fase, in particolare per un sistema di ricetrasmissione”, European patent pending 96830592.0, Nov. 1996.Google Scholar
- Donald O. Pederson, Kartikeya Mayaram, “Analog integrated circuits for communications”, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1991.Google Scholar
- W. P. Robins, “Phase noise in signal sources”, Peter Peregrinus Ltd., 1991.Google Scholar