Is some countries systems of selection are implemented. Some of these were constructed on a “Children for sports” basis, that is treating children as objects. As a result the training process was dehumanized and the system of values was changed. Sporting success became the main measure of effective training and the health, physical and psychological growth of the young person was pushed aside.
- In a few countries the basis for selection was “Sport for children,” but the realization of this slogan did not occur. The principles for selecting children for sports must therefore lie between these two principles. I will concentrate on the following aspects:
Model for selection for sports;
The age to commence systematic training;
The manner of achieving early specialization.
KeywordsEarly Specialization World Championship Sport Discipline Master Class Psychological Growth
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Drozdowski, Z.,1979, Antropología sportowe. Skrypty AWF w Poznaniu, Warszawa-Poznan, PWN: 62–67, 189–192.Google Scholar
- Puni, A. C, Starosta, W. 1979, Psychologiczne przygotowanie w sportach niewymiernych, Warszawa: Sport i Tu- rystyka: 29–38.Google Scholar
- Starosta, W. 1984, Movement coordination as a sport selection element, In: Genetics of psychomotoric traits in Man. Warsaw: Polish Academy of Sciences — Int.Soc. Sport Genetics and Somatology: 247–272.Google Scholar
- Starosta, W., Handelsman, A. B., 1990, Biospoleczne uwarunkowania treningu sportowego dzieci i mlodziezy. Warszawa: Resortowe Centrum Metodyczno-Szkoleniowe Kultury Fizycznej i Sportu: 398–434.Google Scholar
- Starosta, W., 1990, Bewegungskoordination im Sport, Warszawa-Gorzow Wlkp: Internationale Geselschaft fur Sportmotorik: 11–27, 60–66, 226–233.Google Scholar
- Tumanjan, G. S., 1984, Sportivnaja barba: otbor i planirovanje, Moskwa: Fizkultura i Sport: 122–134.Google Scholar