Interfaces for Microsensor Systems
We propose interface design strategies for CMOS sensor systems. The objective is to provide a microprocessor compatible sensor on a single chip. The interest of noise-shaping and oversampling techniques providing great flexibility and robustness are demonstrated. A new architecture for an oversampled noise-shaping A/D converter is also presented. It allows a significant simplification of the on-chip circuits, at the expense of high-speed signal processing at a remote data acquisition site.
KeywordsQuantization Noise Voltage Swing Interface Circuit Operational Transconductance Amplifier Signal Transfer Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Baltes, T. Boltshauser, O. Brand, R. Lengenhager and D. Jaeggi “Silicon Microsensors and Microstructures”, in proc. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 1820–1825, May 10–13, 1992, S. Diego, U.S.A..Google Scholar
- H. Guckel and D. Burns, “Fabrication Techniques for Integrated Sensor Microstructures”, in Proc. IEEE 19861nt. Electron Devices Meeting, pp. 176–179, 1986.Google Scholar
- E. Dijkmans and P. Naus, “Sigma-Delta Versus Binary Weighted AD/DA Conversion, What is the Most Promising?”, Proc 15th European Solid-State Circuit Conference, pp. 35–63, Sept. 1989.Google Scholar
- J. Candy and G. Tomes, “Oversampling Methods for A/D and D/A Conversion”, Oversampling Delta-Sigma Data Converters: Theory, Design and Simulation„ pp. 1–29 New York, 1991.Google Scholar
- R. Castagnetti, H. Baltes and A. Nathan, “Noise Correlations and Operating Conditions of Dual-Collector Magnetotransistors”, Sensors and Actuators A25–27, pp. 363–367, 1990.Google Scholar
- T. Boltshauser and H. Baltes, “Capacitive Humidity Sensors in SACMOS Technology With Moisture Absorbing Photosensitive Polyimide”, Sensors and Actuators A25–27, pp. 509–512, 1990.Google Scholar
- D. Jaeggi, D. Moser and H. Baltes, “Thermoelectric AC Power Sensor by CMOS Technology”, IEEE Electron Device Letts., EDL-13, pp. 366–368, 1992.Google Scholar
- D. Jaeggi, C. Azeredo Leme, P. O’Leary and H. Baltes, “Improved CMOS Power Sensor”, to be published in Proc. 7th International Conf. Solid-State Sensors and Actuators, Transducers’93, Yokohama, Japan, June 1993.Google Scholar