Attenuation of Disturbances in Nonlinear Control Systems
In the last few years, the solution of the H ∞ (sub)optimal control problem via state-space methods was developed by several authors (for a rather comprehensive coverage of this subject the reader may consult the paper  and the theses  ). In the state-space formulation, the problem of minimizing the H ∞ norm (or, equivalently, the L 2 gain) of a closed loop system is viewed as a two-person, zero sum, differential game and, thus, the existence of the desired controller can be related to the existence of a solution of the algebraic Riccati equations arising in linear quadratic differential game theory (see, e.g. ,  and ).
KeywordsNonlinear System Hamiltonian System Close Loop System Invariant Manifold Differential Game
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.C. Doyle, K. Glover, P.P. Khargonekar, and B.A. Francis, State space solutions to standard H2 and H. control problems, IEEE Trans. Autom. Control, AC-34: 831–846, 1989.Google Scholar
- A.A. Stoorvogel, The H. control problem: a state space approach, PhD thesis, Technical University Eindhoven, 1990.Google Scholar
- C. Scherer, The Riccati inequality and state-space H.-optimal control, PhD thesis, University of Würzburg, 1990.Google Scholar
- T. Basar and P. Bernhard, H.-optimal control and related Minimax problems, Birkhauser, 1990.Google Scholar
- A. Isidori, Feedback control of nonlinear systems, In Proc. of 1st European Control Conf., Grenoble, France, July 1991.Google Scholar
- A.J. Van der Schaft, L2-gain analysis of nonlinear systems and nonlinear H. control, Tech. Memorandum 969, Universiteit Twente, 1991.Google Scholar
- A. Isidori and A. Astolfi, Nonlinear H. control via measurement feedback, J. Math. Systems, Estimation and Control, 2:to appear, 1992.Google Scholar
- B.D. Anderson, An algebraic solution to the spectral factorization problem, IEEE Trans. Autom. Control, AC-12: 410–414, 1967.Google Scholar
- R.W. Brockett, Finite dimensional linear systems, Wiley, 1970.Google Scholar
- J.C. Willems, Least square optimal control and the algebraic riccati equation, IEEE Trans. Autom. Control, AC-16: 621–634, 1971.Google Scholar
- P.J. Moylan, Implications of passivity in a class of nonlinear systems, IEEE Trans. Autom. Control, AC-19: 373–381, 1974.Google Scholar
- D. Hill and P.J. Moylan, The stability of nonlinear dissipative systems, IEEE Trans. Autom. Control, AC-21: 708–711, 1976.Google Scholar