Design and Comparison of Globally Stabilizing Controllers for an Uncertain Nonlinear System
We review various integrator backstepping design procedures for generating globally stabilizing controllers for uncertain nonlinear systems. By way of a case study of a simple planar system, we demonstrate how these procedures can be combined to produce new classes of stabilizing controllers. We present eight different backstepping controllers for the planar system and compare their structural properties and simulated performance.
KeywordsControl Signal Lyapunov Function Uncertain Nonlinear System Adaptive Backstepping Global Boundedness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. A. Freeman and P. V. Kokotovic, Backstepping design of robust controllers for a class of nonlinear systems. In preparation, 1991.Google Scholar
- Z. P. Jiang and L. Praly, Iterative designs of adaptive controllers for systems with nonlinear integrators. Submitted for presentation at The 30th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, 1991.Google Scholar
- I. Kanellakopoulos, P. V. Kokotovic, and A. S. Morse, Systematic design of adaptive controllers for feedback linearizable systems, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 36, no. 11, 1991.Google Scholar
- I. Kanellakopoulos, P. V. Kokotovic, and A. S. Morse, A toolkit for nonlinear feedback design, Tech. Rep. CCEC-91–0619, Center for Control Engineering and Computation, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1991.Google Scholar
- H. K. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company, 1992.Google Scholar
- L. Praly, July 1991. Personal communication.Google Scholar