In low level integrated signal processing systems such as transducer systems, detector readout systems, radio receivers, etc, electrical noise is a fundamental limiting factor. For instance, the maximum sensitivity of AM/FM receivers or the best resolution of Silicon-detector readout systems is fully determined by the electrical noise. In the design of such systems, it is of crucial importance to optimize the noise performance of preamplifiers, as in a well designed system the noise performance of an entire system is always dominated by the preamplifier noise.
KeywordsNoise Source Noise Performance Radio Receiver Readout System Source Impedance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [1.1]Y. Netzer, “ The design of low-noise amplifiers, ”Proc IEEE, Vol. 69, No. 6, June 1981, pp. 728–741Google Scholar
- [1.3]A. Bilotti and E. Mariani, “Noise characteristics of current mirror sinks sources,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-10, pp. 516–524, Dec. 1975Google Scholar
- [1.4]Z.Y. Chang and W. Sarnen, “Stability and noise performance of constant transimpedance amplifier with inductive source,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst., Vol. CAS-35, pp. 264–271, 1989Google Scholar
- [1.5]G. Erdi, “Amplifier techniques for combining low noise, precision, and highspeed performance,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-16, pp. 653–661, Dec. 1981Google Scholar
- [1.] Z.Y. Chang and W. Sansen, “Test structure for evaluation of 1 f noise in CMOS technology,” IEEE Proc ICMTS’89., pp. 143–146Google Scholar
- [1.7]E. H. Nordholt, H.C. Nauta, and C. A. Boon, “A high-dynamic range front end for an upconversion car-radio receiver,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-20, pp. 688–696, June. 1985Google Scholar
- [1.9]Z.Y. Chang and W. Sansen, “Low noise, low distortion AM wide band amplifiers with capacitive sources,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-20, pp. 833–840, June 1990Google Scholar
- [1.10]W. Sansen and Z.Y. Chang, “Limits of low noise performance of detector readout front end in CMOS technology,” to appear IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst Vol. CAS-37, 1990Google Scholar
- [1.11]Z.Y. Chang and W. Sansen, “Influence of 1 f noise on the noise performance of CMOS wide-band amplifiers with reactive sources,” Proc ICCAS’89 pp. 672–675Google Scholar
- [1.12]Z.Y. Chang, W. Sansen and M. Steyaert, “High dynamic range radio receiver amplifier in BiCMOS technology”, Proc ESSCIRC 90 Google Scholar