Conducting a Family Conference
- 44 Downloads
Much has been recommended and written about seeing the family together in the medical setting (1–3). However, the specifics of conducting a family conference have yet to be spelled out. That is the purpose of this chapter. We will offer a concrete, step-by-step guide to conducting a family conference in a medical setting. It is not the only way to conduct a family conference, but is one effective way to conduct a family conference.
KeywordsFamily Therapy Contact Person Medical Setting Life Cycle Stage Conference Report
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Doherty W, Baird M: Family Therapy and Family Medicine. New York: Guilford Press, 1983.Google Scholar
- 2.Christie-Seely J (ed.): Working with the Family in Primary Care. New York: Praeger, 1984.Google Scholar
- 3.Crouch M, Roberts L (eds.): The Family in Medical Practice. New York: Springer Verlag, 1987.Google Scholar
- 4.Haley J: Conducting the first interview, Problem-Solving Therapy. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.Talbot Y: Families—the “How.” The Family in Family Medicine: Graduate Curriculum and Teaching Strategies. Kansas City, MO: Society of Teachers of Family Medicine, 1981.Google Scholar
- 8.McGoldrick M, Gerson R: Genograms in Family Assessment. New York: W.W. Norton and Co., 1985.Google Scholar
- 9.Christie-Seely J: PRACTICE—A family assessment tool for family medicine, in Christie-Seely J (ed.): Working with the Family in Primary Care. New York: Praeger, 1984.Google Scholar