Specialty memories offer features and functions beyond those found on generic memory. It is these special features and functions which bring benefit to particular applications, and often also render the specialty memory virtually useless in other applications. The applications for specialty memory are widely varied, and make the study of specialty memory quite interesting. Application specific memory would be a good descriptive name, except ASIC memory, through common usage, usually implies custom memory implemented within a standard cell or gate array ASIC device.
KeywordsRegister File SRAM Cell Functional Block Diagram Standard Memory Dual Port
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References — Specialty Memories
- 7.1]Dataquest Inc., MOS SRAM Forecast, pp.15, July 1988Google Scholar
- 7.2]R. Kertis, D. Smith. T. Bowman “A 12ns 256K BiCMOS SRAM ” ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers, pp.186–187 and 362–363, February 1988Google Scholar
- 7.3]C. Sung, P. Sasaki, R Leung, Y. Chu, K. Le. G. Conner, R Lane. J. delong, R Cline “A 76MHz Programmable Logic Sequencer ” ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers. pp.118–119 and 306, February 1989Google Scholar
- 7.4]F. Barber, D. Eisenberg, G. Ingram, M. Strauss, T. Wik “A 2Kx9 Dual Port Memory ” ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers, pp.44–45 and 302, February 1985Google Scholar
- 7.5]R. Pinkham, D. Russel. A. Balisteri, T. Nguyen, T. Herndon, D. Anderson, A. Mahta, H. Sakurai, S. Hatakoshi, A. Guillemaud “A 128Kx8 70MHz Video RAM with Auto Register Reload ” ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers, pp.236–237 and 384, February 1988Google Scholar
- 7.6]K. Ohta, H. Kawai, M. Fujii, T. Nishimoto, S. Ueda, Y. Fureta “A 1Mbit DRAM with 33MHz Serial I/O Ports ” IFFF Journal of Solid State Circuits, pp. 649–654. October 1986Google Scholar
- 7.7]A. Suzuki, S. Yamaguchi. H. Ito, N. Suzuki. T. Yabu “A 19ns Memory ” ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers, pp.134–135 and 367. February 1987Google Scholar
- 7.8]H. Kadota, J. Miyake, Y. Nishimichi, H. Kudoh, K. Kagawa “An 8Kbit Content Addressable and Reentrant Memory ” IEEE Journal of Solid State Circuits. pp. 951–957, October 1985Google Scholar
- 7.9]Y. Sugo, M. Tanaka, Y. Mafune, T. Takeshima, S. Aihara, K. Tanaka “An ECL 2.8ns 16K RAM with 1.2K Logic Gate Array ” ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers, pp. 256–257, February 1986Google Scholar
- 7.10]J. Cho, J. Kaku “A 40K Cache Memory and Memory Management Unit ” ISSCC Digest of Technical Papers. pp.50–51 and 302. February 1986Google Scholar