Vinyl Sulfonate/Vinyl Amide Copolymers as Temperature- and Salt-Stable Thickeners for EOR Flooding Processes

  • Walter Gulden
  • Sigmar-Peter von Halasz


In 1985 enhanced oil recovery processes represented over 11.7% of total domestic crude oil production in Germany. Some 75% of this supplementary production was the result of steam processes, the remaining 25% was recovered using chemical flooding processes, in particular polymer flooding techniques.


Polymer Solution Polymer Flood Vinyl Sulfonate Shear Stability Residual Resistance Factor 
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.


Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.


  1. 1.
    Neue Techniken der Erschließung von Erdöl und Erdgas W.E.G.; Hannover (Dez. 1984)Google Scholar
  2. 2.
    Neuere Entwicklungen auf dem Gebiet der Lagerstättentechnik M. Rieckmann, G. Pusch; Erdöl„ Erdgas; Heft 6 (1984)Google Scholar
  3. 3.
    Application of Chemical Flood Processes in the Oilfield Hankensbüttel B. Maitin; 3nd European EOR-Conference, Rome (1985)Google Scholar
  4. 4.
    Vinyl Sulfonate/Vinyl Amide Copolymers in Drilling Fluids for Deep, High-Temperature Wells M. Hille; SPE 13558; Phoenix/USA (April 1985)Google Scholar
  5. 5.
    Temperature-Stable Polymeric Fluid-Loss Reducer Tolerant to High Electrolyte Contamination A.J. Son, T.M. Ballard and R.E. Loftin; SPE 13160; Houston (Sept. 1984)Google Scholar
  6. 6.
    Polymer Flooding, General Aspects and Case History Deutsche Texaco AG (Febr. 1986)Google Scholar

Copyright information

© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1988

Authors and Affiliations

  • Walter Gulden
    • 1
  • Sigmar-Peter von Halasz
    • 1
  1. 1.Technical Department Oilfield ChemicalsHoechst AktiengesellschaftFrankfurt/Main-80W.Germany

Personalised recommendations