Perspectives on the Biology of Growth Factors
Part of the Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology book series (AEMB, volume 234)
In this introduction to the “Symposium on the Biology of Growth Factors”, I shall offer perspectives gained from insights provided by classical endocrinology.
KeywordsGranulosa Cell Sponge Cell Specific Protein Kinase Porcine Granulosa Cell Local Growth Factor
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fell, P. E., 1974, Porifera, in: “Reproduction of Marine Invertebrates,” A. C. Giese, and J. S. Pearse, eds., Academic Press, N.Y. Vol. 1: 51.Google Scholar
- Fritz, I. B., 1986, Reflections on the evolution of the regulation of spermatogenesis, Prog. Clin. Biol. Res., 226: 371.Google Scholar
- Heldin, D. H., and Westermark, B., 1984, Growth factors. Mechanisms of action and relations to oncogenes, Cell, 37: 9.Google Scholar
- King, G. L., and Kahn, C. R., 1985, Effect of insulin on growth in vivo and cells in culture, in: “Control of Animal cell Proliferation,” A. L. Boynton, and H. L. Leffert, eds., Academic Press Inc., N.Y. Vol. 1: 204.Google Scholar
- Pilkis, S. J., Regen, D. M., Stewart, B. H., Chrisman, T., Pilkis, J., Kountz, P., Pate, T., McGrane, M., El-Maghrabi, M. R., and Claus, T., 1984, Rat liver 6-phosphofructo 2-kinase/fructose 2.6-bisphosphatose: A unique bifunctional enzyme regulated by cyclic AMP-dependent phosphorylation, in: “Enzyme Regulation by Reversible Phosphorylation-Further Advances,” P. Cohen, ed., Elsevier Science Publishers B.V., N.Y. Pp. 95–122.Google Scholar
- Rechler, M. M., and Nissley, S. P., 1985, The nature and regulation of the receptors for insulin-like growth factors, Ann. Rev-Physiol., 47: 425.Google Scholar
- Salmon, W. D., and Daughaday, W. H., 1987, A hormonally controlled serum factor which stimulates sulfate incorporation by cartilage in vitro, J. Lab Clin. Med., 49: 825.Google Scholar
- Tepperman, J., and Tepperman, H. M. 1987, “Metabolic and Endocrine Physiology,” Year Book Medical Publishers, Inc., N.Y., Fifth edition. Pp. 29–42.Google Scholar
- Willmer, E. N., 1970, “Cytology and Evolution,” Academic Press, N.Y., 2nd edition.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1988